Tuesday, September 30

Bocephus...Our Fuzzy Little Terrorist



So we got a puppy for my dad about a month ago. We were lucky enough to find a good Newfoundland dog breeder here in Utah and we just couldn't pass up the opportunity of getting such a great dog, especially since my dad has almost desperately wanted one for the past ten years. However, it seems like everyone in my family forgot what it's like to have a new puppy. The sharp puppy teeth, their insatiable desire to chew on everything (including my family and I), the house training, and the almost never-ending energy and desire to play. So in the past month, we've ripped out the carpet in the basement, gone through so many paper towels that I suspect that my family alone may be responsible for the destruction of an entire rainforest, and definitely remembered exactly what it's like to have a puppy in the house. As cute as he is (when he's asleep), he really is kind of a monster. He chews on our other dog, he eats an insane amount of puppy food, he cries for a good solid half hour when it's time for him to go to bed, and takes advantage of every opportunity that presents itself for him to pee in the house. Sometimes I wonder why the hell I wanted to get this puppy in the first place but then he takes a five minute break from trying to bite my fingers off and curls up next to me and takes a nap and that gives me just enough time to start to like him again. I just hope we can teach him some manners before he gets too big. At nine weeks old when I brought him home he was 24lbs and now, three weeks later, he is weighing in at 33 lbs. I feel like time is working against me and my attempt to take this fuzzy little terrorist and turn him into a loyal and trustworthy companion. I'm sure I'll post more about him on here over time but I just hope that it will be mostly good things to post about.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Believe me...I KNOW how you feel. He's a cute, but he'll be huge in no time. My puppy still whines when he has to go to bed, but atleast he tells us when he has to go potty so our house isn't ruined. Good luck with that lol.